We are a team of health care professionals dedicated to the comprehensive management of severe obesity using weight-loss surgery since 2003. Tri-State Bariatrics specializes in Lapband, Sleeve Gastrectomy, and Gastric Bypass surgery.
Our team of five very experienced and dedicated surgeons has performed over 6,000 bariatric procedures at two hospitals that are Certified Bariatric Centers of Excellence: Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Suffern, NY. And Now starting in 2015, we offer bariatric surgery at St Lukes in Cornwall, NY.
We care for our bariatric patient both before and after surgery because it is very critical to choose the right surgical weight program, it can mean the difference between success and failure.
To support our mission, our team has grow substantially in 2015 and now includes five Nurse Practitioners, five Registered Dietitians, a Psychiatrist and an assistant, and four Registered Nurses. We believe it is extremely important to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive approach to surgery to ensure the safest and most effective weight loss journey. Learning how to make the necessary permanent lifestyle changes is not easy but it can be done with the ongoing support of our team.
We have three office locations for your convenience: Suffern, Fishkill and Middletown in the State of NY. We look forward to helping you evaluate your options for weight loss surgery and helping you make the right decision for your health.
Our credo as stated by Dr. Kwon, founder of TSB.
“Our first responsibility is to our patients that entrust us with their lives and their health. Our services must be of the highest quality to maximize benefits while minimizing risks. We must continually strive to be at the forefront with evidence-based best practices that will ensure maximum patient outcomes and patient safety.”
Simple video to debunk some ideas about obesity
Meet the “You deserve a hug!” team
- Dr OstrowitzSurgeonDr. Matthew Ostrowitz is a board certified surgeon specializing in General and Bariatric Surgery. In addition, his scope of practice includes advanced minimally invasive surgery, including robotics and Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery, anti-reflux surgery, complex hernias and abdominal wall reconstruction and treatment of complex wounds.
- Dr KwonMedical DirectorDr Peter Kwon is a board certified surgeon specializing in General and Bariatric surgical procedures. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Dr WeissSurgeonDr Wayne Weiss is a board certified surgeon specializing in General Surgery, Surgical Critical Care and Bariatric Surgery procedures. He is a trauma surgeon for over 25 years with an established record of excellence. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- Dr. CepedaMD, FACSDr. Jaime Cepeda Jr. is a board certified surgeon specializing in General, Bariatric and Vascular surgery procedures. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- Dr. RiveraMD, FACSDr. Ramon E. Rivera is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). He specializes in Bariatric Surgery and Advanced Gastrointestinal surgery.